Saturday, May 31, 2014

After a year's hiatus....

Too many irons in the fire or are there just not enough hours in a day?

I started this blog in 2010, made 26 posts in 2 years, ignored it, and it has laid fallow since.  Weeds grew up, a few old ideas fell over, things were forgotten.  I had begun writing a blog on the farm's website but that became repetitious as many posts were just taken from the farm's FaceBook page.  Social Media prevailed as snapping a picture and adding a comment took over as the preferred route for quick communication;  it is quite easy- and fast.  I still do it.  However, it is not very satisfying...  Like snacking all day instead of preparing a nice meal.  I like to cook and enjoy the process.

Therefore I am pulling the weeds, reestablishing the borders and firing up the original blog.  Time for some more substantial posts- no more snack food.  In the future I will write more regularly as I am also blogging for another site, and will use Life on the Farm to expand my subject range- not just farming and food posts for Mother Earth News.

Many ideas are spinning and want to get down on paper.  We will see, we will see...

 In the meantime, the grass is green and growing.  Baby calves and goats are born, the garden is awaking and it is time to start cooking a decent meal.



1 comment: